Sunday, July 25, 2010

Week 2 Reflections

After reviweing my peers research topics for this course and discussing matters with my principal I decided to completely change my action research topic. I switched from the overly broad topic of how parental involvement can be increased at my school through the study of habits of parents from other countries to the smaller and more manageble topic over homework. How can we re-vamp our homework policy in a way that will increase the completion rate of homework and the daily grades in our school? This topic is one that we have already began delving into at our school and one that my principal would like us to continue focusing on. Incomplete homework is a huge discipline problem at our campus. We feel that there must be better ways to handle the situation than simply filling out discipline referrals. If we increase homework completion it is thought that our students grades will improve as well as their mastering of concepts (especially in math and language arts). I am excited to begin the journey of finding data and discussing with my colleagues our newest action research plan for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment